Lake Charles, LA 70601
Lake Charles Care Center, a 182-bed skilled nursing facility, has an exciting career opportunity for a licensed nursing facility administrator (LNFA) to serve in an Assistant Administrator role. Our facility provides skilled care, long-term care and memory care. In this position, the Assistant Administrator will assist the facility Administrator with the overall operation of the facility in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines while ensure quality care.
- Assists the Administrator with planning of all aspects of the facility’s operations to include:
- Monitors all department activities, communicates policies and procedures, evaluates staff performance, provides feedback and assists, coaches, and disciplines as needed.
- Conducts rounds to ensure the needs of the residents’ are being met; monitors the cleanliness and appearance of facility; and assesses the morale of staff.
- Maintains a working knowledge and ensures compliance with all governmental regulations and company Quality Assurance standards.
- Manages facility budgets and business practices to include labor costs, payables and receivables. Monitors business office activities to ensure procedures and standards are followed.
- Facilitates staff on-boarding by monitoring staff orientation, training, and education.
- Ensures adequate staffing through interdepartmental communication
- Supervises, conducts and participates in department and facility education activities and staff meetings.
- Monitors employee relations to promote staff retention, including effective communication, prompt problem resolution and positive reinforcement.
- Promotes census development by supporting key marketing staff and plays an active role in carrying out the marketing plan.
- Louisiana Nursing Facility Administrator License Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in long-term care preferred
- Knowledge of census development, resident payer sources, day-to-day operations and LTC regulations
- Possess the ability to work with residents and families effectively
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
Competitive salary and benefits. Qualified candidates interested in full-time employment only.