Baton Rouge, LA
The Woodleigh, located in the heart of Baton Rouge and just minutes from Denham Springs, is seeking an experienced RN for the position of Wound Care Nurse. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Monday – Friday (8a – 5p)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:The Wound Care RN will:
- Participate in MDS and care planning for patients with wounds
- Provide primary skin care, with emphasis on wound care therapy
- Demonstrate a knowledge of medication administration and infection control techniques
- Provide direct daily care and services to residents according to care plans, state and federal regulations and facility standard policies and procedures
- Assist in the safety, comfort and well-being of residents
- Possess the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors
- Perform all other duties, as assigned
- Must possess a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Louisiana
- One (1) year of experience as a wound care nurse in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related health care facility preferred
- Experience in long-term care preferred
Competitive Salary and Benefit Package. Qualified candidates, please submit a resume.