Lake Charles, LA 70601
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Lake Charles Care Center, a 182-bed skilled nursing facility, is actively seeking an experienced RN or LPN for the position of MDS Coordinator. Three (3) years of MDS experience preferred. The successful candidate will be detail oriented and work great as a team player!
Candidates for the MDS Coordinator position must:
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive assessment and care for residents
- Conduct and coordinate the development and completion of the resident assessment (MDS) according to current regulations and guidelines
- Oversee all functions of the MDS and resident care assessment process to assure compliance with federal and state regulation
- Document resident assessment data on MDS forms completely and in a timely manner
- Implement, and maintain an ongoing quality assurance program for resident assessment/care plans
- Serve as the contact, advocate, and informational resource for residents, care team, family/caregiver(s), payers, and community resources
- Create ongoing processes for resident and family/caregiver(s) to request the level of care coordination and support
- Facilitate and attend meetings between patient, family/caregiver(s), care team, payers, and community resources, as needed
- Perform nursing duties as needed.
- RN or LPN
- 3 years of MDS experience preferred
- Working knowledge of the MDS 3.0 process
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Excellent time management required
Lake Charles Care Center offers competitive salaries, benefits and the opportunity for professional growth. Qualified applicants should submit resume.